Salad “Coat” without herring is a dish with a unique taste, and all because it is cooked with seaweed. Salads are often on our menu, but sometimes housewives do not know how to surprise the family. Everything seems to be familiar and has long been pall. Everyone’s favorite “herring under a fur coat” is a little fed up and I want something new and unusual. In this case, you can cook such a salad without herring. Salad “Shuba” with seaweed turns out to be more piquant and weightless.
Delicious and original salad will surely please your family and friends. Your piggy bank will be replenished with another useful recipe.
This dish is also suitable for a lenten menu, just replace the mayonnaise with any other lean sauce. By the way, the same lean mayonnaise can be prepared at home without eggs or you can buy a finished product in a store.
- Seaweed – 150 g.
- Potato – 100 g.
- Beets – 100 g.
- Carrots – 70 g.
- Mayonnaise – 70 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
1. Boil root vegetables until tender – washed potatoes, beets and carrots. Cook potatoes with carrots for 15-20 minutes – they will be soft. Boil the beets twice as long – about 35-40 minutes. After that, cool all the vegetables and clean them.
2. Grate the beets – medium shavings are good for salad.
3. Also grate potatoes and carrots.
4. Spread the salad in layers, you can use special salad molds. Put the potatoes in the first layer, salt and pepper a little, pour over with mayonnaise.
5. Spread the seaweed over the potatoes. Cabbage can be used both in pure form and with additives, for example, with carrots and celery.
6. Spread a layer of grated carrots on the cabbage, pour over with mayonnaise.
7. Then a layer of grated beets will follow, pour this layer with mayonnaise.
8. With a spatula, smooth the mayonnaise over the surface of the salad and let the dish soak in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
Serve the finished salad to the table, if desired, decorate with any fresh herbs.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.