We offer another recipe for a delicious and beautiful salad “Cones”, which is suitable for serving on any of the winter holidays. Most often, a similar salad is covered with almonds. But our family members do not really like this combination, almonds look bulky and hard, which worsens the final taste of the dish. Try replacing the almonds with corn flakes. For coating, choose non-sweet varieties of cereal.
The composition of the salad can be anything. Boiled or baked pork, beef, chicken, ham or sausage are suitable as a base. The salad is dressed with mayonnaise with a fat content of 50%, supplemented with fresh, canned, boiled vegetables and herbs.
- Boiled sausage – 230 g.
- Canned peas – 50 g.
- Potatoes – 150 g.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Fresh cucumber – 130 g.
- Green onions – 6 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Corn flakes – 25 g.
- Mayonnaise – 45 g.
How to cook:
1. Boil potatoes in their skins until soft. Peel the vegetable from the peel and cut into small cubes. Place potatoes in salad bowl.
2. Drain the green peas from excess liquid. Lay with potatoes.
3. Clean the sausage from the packaging, cut into cubes with a side size of about 5 mm.
4. Set aside half of the cucumber for serving. Cut the rest of the cucumber vegetable in the same way.
5. Set aside half of the cucumber for serving. Cut the rest of the cucumber vegetable in the same way.
6. Finely chop the green onion and add to the rest of the salad. Add salt, pepper and mayonnaise, mix the salad.
7. Form two cones from the lettuce mass, one of which is slightly larger.
8. Cover the buds with corn flakes.
9. Cut the rest of the cucumber into small slices imitating spruce needles. Lay the cucumbers in the form of a branch on a plate.
10. Serve the salad “Cones” on the table.
The finished dish looks great and attracts everyone’s attention. It has a very pleasant rich taste. We recommend topping the salad with corn flakes just before serving. From storage, the flakes soak and lose their crunchy properties.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.