The proposed salad received this funny name for the composition of the products used for its preparation. Sauerkraut, pickled mushrooms, crispy pickles are pickles that form the basis of the dish. In addition, boiled potatoes and canned green peas are added to the salad, making the dish quite satisfying. Onions add a tangy flavor to the salad. And the composition of the dish includes one very interesting component – baked cod. The dressing is sunflower oil.
You can replace cod with hake, pike perch or any other white lean fish.
Salad “Coot” will turn out to be no less tasty if you replace champignons with other mushrooms, for example, salted milk mushrooms or pickled chanterelles.
- Sauerkraut – 400 g.
- Pickled cucumber – 3 pcs.
- Salted or pickled champignons – 200 g.
- Potatoes – 2 pcs.
- Onion – 1 small head.
- Canned green peas – 200 g.
- Fresh frozen cod – 500 g.
- Sunflower oil – 4 tbsp. l.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
Cooking time: 50 minutes. Servings Per Container: 7-8.
How to cook:
1. Defrost the cod, clean it from scales and be sure to remove the black film from the abdomen. Then rinse the fish with cold water, dry and rub on all sides with black pepper and salt.
Lubricate the refractory form with sunflower oil and put the cod in it.
2. Using a pastry brush, brush the fish with oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 180⁰ C. Put the cod dish in the oven and bake the fish for 30 minutes.
Wash the potatoes with a vegetable brush and boil until tender. Cooking time is 20-25 minutes.
4. Cool the finished cod and disassemble it into pieces.
5. Put the sauerkraut squeezed from the brine into the salad bowl.
6. Drain the liquid from the can of peas. Add peas to salad bowl.
7. Then lay out the mushrooms.
If you purchased large mushrooms, cut them into halves or quarters. And small ones – leave whole.
8. Cut the pickles into small cubes and add to the rest of the ingredients.
9. Peel the potatoes and also cut into small cubes.
10. Peel the onion, rinse and chop finely. Add to salad bowl.
11. And finally, add pieces of cod.
12. Season with black pepper. Dress the salad “Coot” with sunflower oil, mix and serve.
Enjoy your meal!