Salad “Flag” is an excellent recipe for home cooking, you will not find this in a restaurant. However, the salad has a rich taste and aroma.
Grab all the ingredients on the list to make a savory snack for family and friends. You will need delicious salted herring, juicy tomatoes, croutons and onions. Mayonnaise is best suited for dressing – it will combine all the components into a harmonious and tasty dish.
The dish is prepared quickly, since nothing needs to be boiled and fried. It is worth mixing the products and season with sauce. We hope the recipe will become popular in your home, and you will cook it more of10.
- Lightly salted herring – 150 g.
- Tomatoes – 100 g.
- Onion – 50 g.
- Croutons – 50 g.
- Mayonnaise – 70 g.
- Any greens – for serving.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Peel the onion and cut into small cubes – the onion will give a sharp spicy note that will perfectly emphasize the taste of the salted herring. Onions and herring are a great duet.
2. Cut the tomatoes into medium cubes – even if the tomatoes release juice, the salad will be juicier.
It is worth noting that tomatoes perfectly complement the taste of herring.
3. Pour the tomatoes and onions into a deep salad bowl. The juice that will stand out from the tomatoes will marinate the spicy onions.
4. Clean the herring from the skin and all small bones. Cut the prepared herring into small cubes for salad.
5. Throw the herring into the salad.
6. Add crackers – you can buy them in the store or fry them yourself with any spices and oil.
7. And finally, add mayonnaise. Salt lightly, do not forget that the herring is already salty in itself. Pepper to taste.
8. Mix the salad and you’re d1. Do not wait, but immediately serve to the table. The croutons are crunchy and add flavor to the dish.
When serving, decorate the salad with a sprig of fresh herbs and enjoy the taste of such a bright dish. Prepare a salad on the day off and for the holiday! Help yourself!