Salad “Gomelchanka” always turns out very juicy, tasty and quite satisfying, despite the fact that meat is not added to it. For cooking, it is worth buying fresh cabbage, and it is advisable to pay close attention to its appearance – it must be green, but not white. Also, cabbage leaves should not be soft, damaged. When choosing a sausage, it is advisable to buy high-quality, not cheap, since in many ways the taste of the salad will depend on it.
Dressing the salad is best with mayonnaise, but sour cream is also suitable. You can additionally prepare a side dish of new potatoes for it. If you like cereals more, then opt for them. Salt and ground black pepper are the spices that are best added to the salad. You can also take fresh herbs, for example, dill and parsley. If you decide to cook such a salad in the winter season, then use the cabbage that is on sale. By the way, you can safely stop the choice on Beijing.
- Fresh cabbage – 0.5 head.
- Varenka sausage of excellent quality – 150-200 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Mayonnaise or sour cream – to taste.
How to cook:
1. So, first of all, cut the sausage into strips.
If you do not use boiled sausage, but smoked, then this procedure will be a little harder to do.
2. Put it immediately in a deep bowl in which it will be convenient for you to mix the salad.
3. Cut the cabbage into thin strips.
4. Put it on top of the sausage.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You can leave out the pepper if you don’t like it.
Also at this stage, if you want, you can still add chopped greens.
6. Spread mayonnaise or sour cream. Yogurt without additives is also suitable for dressing.
7. Stir the salad. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes to soak. You can put it in the refrigerator, so all the products will be the same temperature.
Now serve the finished salad “Gomelchanka” to the table. You can cook some kind of meat dish for it or, as an option, an omelette from homemade eggs. As you can see, the recipe is very simple, so be sure to use it.
Enjoy your meal!