Bright vegetable preparations for the winter are a great way to diversify your everyday menu. Modern housewives rarely prepare carrot salads. But in vain. This is a great side dish or spread for sandwiches. Carrot salad can be added to porridge or soup as a dressing, make a pie with carrot filling.
Try the spicy Madame Carrot salad. The blank does not require sterilization and phased addition of components. All products are simply added to the pan and stewed. And after, the finished salad is laid out in jars.
For the recipe, you will need carrots of any shape and size; you can use non-condition or small specimens. The amount of garlic and the composition of spices can be varied to taste. When choosing tomato paste, pay attention to a product with a natural composition or use homemade ketchup. For the recipe, refined vegetable oil and vinegar 9% are best suited. The master class is based on a 720 ml jar.
- Carrots – 0.7 kg.
- Garlic – 35 g.
- Sweet pepper – 75 g.
- Tomato paste – 140 g.
- Sugar – 40 g.
- Vegetable oil – 60 ml.
- Vinegar – 35 ml.
- Khmeli-suneli – 5 g.
- Salt – 27 g.
- Pepper – 2 g.
How to cook:
1. Peel the carrots and grate on a coarse grater. Put the resulting mass into a pan with a non-stick coating.
2. Pour in salt and sugar.
3. Add minced garlic.
4. Remove the entrails and seeds from the bell pepper. Cut the pepper into small cubes, put it in a saucepan.
5. Pour in oil and vinegar.
6. Add dry spices and pepper.
7. Spread tomato paste. Mix the contents of the pan, cover with a lid, put on a quiet fire and bring the mass to a boil. Cook 40 minutes from the moment of boiling.
If the carrots are not juicy enough, you can add a little water.
8. Put the hot salad in a sterilized jar, seal. Close the workpiece with a scalded lid. Set the jars upside down, wrap in a blanket or blanket, leave overnight.
The blank “Madame Carrot” is perfectly stored in a dark, dry place in a city apartment. The salad has a bright, appetizing look and a pleasant taste.