The spinning season is gaining momentum, and many housewives are actively looking for new recipes for delicious preservation. We offer to cook one of them – Piquant salad with cucumbers and tomato paste. In this canned salad, cucumbers, along with carrots and onions, stewed in tomato marinade, do not boil soft, but, on the contrary, turn out to be crispy and slightly pickled. Such a twist for the winter is an excellent snack for meat dishes.
- Cucumbers – 1 kg.
- Carrots – 350 g.
- Onion – 350 g.
- 9% vinegar – 0.5 tbsp.
- Bay leaf – 1-2 pcs.
- Tomato paste – 100 g.
- Sugar – 0.5 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil – 125 ml.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Allspice peas – 10 pcs.
How to cook:
1. Wash young cucumbers (it is advisable to take small, not overripe cucumbers for salad) so that there are no thorns left on them.
2. Next, cut them into small circles (halves of circles – if the cucumbers are large), put them in a deep bowl.
3. Add to cucumbers 0.5 tbsp. l. salt, mix well and leave in this position for 15 – 20 minutes (this is necessary in order for the cucumbers to let the juice go).
4. In the meantime, start preparing the salad. In particular, cut the peeled onions into half rings (or thin quarters if the onions are large).
5. Grate carrots on a coarse grater.
6. Prepare the marinade in which the salad will be prepared. To do this, pour vegetable oil, 9% vinegar into the pan, add salt (0.5 tablespoons), tomato paste, sugar and spices (bay leaf and allspice peas). Mix everything thoroughly and boil for 1 minute.
7. Next, add carrots to the resulting marinade sauce.
8. And chopped onion. Stir and simmer vegetables for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Next, add the cucumbers (together with the released juice), mix and cook the vegetables for another 8-10 minutes.
10. Arrange the hot salad in half-liter (or other volume) jars, cover them with lids.
11. Put the jars of lettuce to be sterilized in a separate pot of water. Sterilize from the moment of boiling 10 – 15 minutes.
12. After sterilization, remove the jars and roll them up.
13. Wrap the finished preservation until it cools completely, and only then take it out for storage in a cool place.