Salad “Rostovsky” – an original and very tasty snack of vegetables and apples for the winter. At first glance, the combination of eggplant, onions, tomatoes, sweet peppers and apples may not seem quite compatible, but it only seems so. Believe me, the salad comes out delicious, just the apples give it an unusual taste, bringing their originality and a sweet and sour note.
Preparing such a canned snack is quite simple: all vegetables and apples are cut into large pieces, then fried separately, after which they are all stewed together and covered. To make the salad not too sweet, be sure to take sour or sweet and sour apples. With sweet varieties, the salad also comes out delicious, but, as they say, an amateur.
- Eggplant – 1.5 kg.
- Onions – 0.5 kg.
- Tomatoes – 1 kg.
- Sweet pepper – 0.7 kg.
- Sweet and sour apples – 0.8 kg.
- Salt – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 4 tbsp. l.
- Vinegar 9% – 7 tsp
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
How to cook:
1. First, peel the onion from the husk, and cut it into large pieces.
2. Then fry it in vegetable oil (use refined, odorless) (the onion should become transparent and soft).
3. Then fry it in vegetable oil (use refined, odorless) (the onion should become transparent and soft).
4. Sweet peppers (it is best to use thick-walled, fleshy peppers for salad), remove the seeds, and cut into large pieces.
5. Then fry in vegetable oil for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Put the fried sweet pepper in a saucepan with onions.
7. Cut ripe tomatoes into cubes or slices, and then also fry until soft in vegetable oil.
8. Add fried tomatoes to onions and peppers.
9. Peel the pre-washed eggplants (by the way, slightly crushed or slightly spoiled vegetables are easily suitable for a salad, spoiled places must first be cut off), cut into large cubes.
10. Sliced eggplant fry in vegetable oil until soft, not forgetting to mix them from time to time.
11. Place the fried blue ones in a saucepan with the rest of the salad ingredients.
12. Lastly, prepare apples (sweet and sour varieties are ideal for salad): peel them, cut out the core, and cut into small cubes.
So that the apples do not darken, put them in salt water before frying.
13. Then fry in vegetable oil (apples should become soft).
14. And add to the rest of the vegetables.
15. Add salt and sugar to the Rostovsky salad, mix gently and simmer with the lid open over low heat for 30-35 minutes.
16. After the allotted time, pour 7 tsp into the salad. 9% vinegar, stir and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
17. Arrange the hot salad in prepared jars (the jars must first be washed and sterilized well).
18. Cork (roll up) with boiled iron lids. Turn the twists themselves and wrap them with a blanket until they are completely cool.
19. Remove the cooled salad “Rostovsky” for storage. After 2 months, this delicious preservation can already be tried. Good luck preparing!