The popular street food shawarma can be served as a delicious salad. This dish will not leave anyone indifferent. It can be served on festive and everyday tables. The basis of the salad is fried or baked meat. You can use pork, beef or poultry. A great idea is to add a kebab to the salad that you didn’t eat the day before. The vegetable part can be represented by white or Beijing cabbage with grated Korean carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes, onions, hot and sweet peppers, and other vegetables, selected to taste and according to the season. For dressing, use traditional shawarma sauces:
– mayonnaise + mustard;
– kefir + sour cream + garlic;
– mayonnaise + tomato sauce.
For satiety, lettuce is added to the salad, cut into thin strips. Borodino lavash made from rye flour with spices and coriander will add a special taste to the dish.
- Chicken fillet – 250 g.
- Cabbage – 250 g.
- Korean carrots – 70 g.
- Cucumber relish sauce – 30 g.
- Tomatoes – 50 g.
- Tomato paste – 30 g.
- Mayonnaise – 40 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Dill, parsley – 5 g.
- Lavash – 40 g.
- Salt, sugar, pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – for greasing the pan.
How to cook:
1. Finely chop the cabbage, put in a salad mixing bowl. Add some salt, sugar and black pepper. Rub the cabbage with your hands.
2. Finely chop the tomatoes, put in a bowl. Add the relish sauce, carrots, grated garlic and finely chopped greens.
3. Cut the chicken fillet across the fibers with a thickness of about 3 – 4 mm, salt. Fry the meat in a grill pan, greased with vegetable oil on 2 sides for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Cool and cut into long strips.
5. Put the chicken in a bowl, mix the salad.
6. Introduce dressing – mayonnaise and tomato paste. Mix ingredients.
7. Roll the pita bread into a tube, cut with scissors into strips about 3 mm wide.
8. Place the salad on a serving plate. Arrange pita bread rings on top.
Shawarma salad tastes like the dish of the same name, looks very unusual and will surely please your family and friends.