Salad “Shirazi” is a dish of Iranian cuisine, which has not only a bright appearance, but also a unique taste.
The combination of vegetables is very successful, besides, fresh mint and lemon juice give this dish a zest. Lemon juice can be replaced with lime juice, which is in your refrigerator. If you decide to add an original salad to your menu, then use our recipe.
Shirazi salad is a vitamin find, and mint will give it a touch of freshness. In the summer, such a dish is just a find and salvation. Cool vegetable salad will give strength and energy. Iranian cuisine is very colorful and also very tasty.
- Tomatoes – 150 g.
- Cucumbers – 100 g.
- Red onion – 50-60 g.
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp. l.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Mint – 10 g.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Rinse fresh cucumbers well, cut off the tails and cut the vegetables into small cubes.
You can cut the peel or not – here at will.
2. Also cut the washed tomatoes into small cubes.
Leave the pulp – the salad will turn out more juicy.
3. Take a suitable dish and pour vegetables into it – cucumbers and tomatoes.
4. Peel the red lettuce and chop finely. In this dish, red onion adds piquancy and a slight spicy note.
5. Throw the onion into the salad.
6. Separate the washed and dried mint from the branches – leave some leaves, finely chop the greens.
7. Add mint to salad.
8. Pour the salad with olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice, mix, add salt and black pepper. Add spices at the end so that the vegetables do not give too much juice. Place the salad in the refrigerator for a short while. The dish is ready.
Then serve. Salad “Shirazi” looks very attractive and dignified! The taste is rich and fresh. In Iran, this dish is very popular! We hope you enjoy it too!