Salad “Snezhanka” is a popular, one might even say famous dish of Bulgarian cuisine. The name of the salad in translation into Russian means snow maiden or snow white.
The salad consists of fresh cucumbers, walnuts, garlic and dill. Natural, without additives, yogurt is used as a dressing. In addition to the above ingredients, the composition of the dish includes sunflower oil, freshly ground black pepper and salt. The taste of the salad will be slightly different if you add pickled cucumbers to it. But, in this case, the amount of salt should be reduced, since the last ingredient is already contained in pickled cucumbers.
Salad “Snezhanka” is served, as a rule, in the form of balls.
- Natural yogurt – 300 ml.
- Fresh cucumber – 300 g.
- Dill greens – ½ bunch.
- Walnuts – 40-50 g.
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves.
- Sunflower oil – 1 tbsp. l.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Drain the yogurt in a colander to drain excess liquid. You can replace yogurt with thick sour cream.
2. Wash the cucumbers, cut off the tails. Cut the cucumbers into small cubes with a side of about 5 millimeters. You can also grate fresh cucumbers on a coarse grater.
3. Rinse dill greens, dry and finely chop.
4. Chop the walnuts into crumbs.
Walnuts can be chopped in several ways: grind in a blender or chop with a knife with a wide, sharp blade.
Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop or pass through a press. You can increase or decrease the amount of garlic according to your taste.
5. Combine cucumbers, walnuts, dill and garlic in a salad bowl.
6. Add yogurt. Season to taste with black pepper and salt.
If desired, you can cut a few leaves of fresh mint into the salad.
7. Pour in a tablespoon of sunflower oil. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
8. Put the resulting salad mass on a large flat dish in the form of large balls. If you wish, you can decorate the Snezhanka salad with slices of fresh cucumber and dill sprigs.
Send the finished salad to the refrigerator for 1 hour, then serve.