Semolina zrazy with tender chicken filling with vegetables will certainly appeal not only to children, but also to adults. Very satisfying, with a delicious golden brown crust – such zrazy are often included in the menu in kindergarten and served with sour cream or tomato sauce.
At home, you can cook semolina for breakfast or dinner and add your favorite spices, herbs to your taste to the chicken filling, season it with ground pepper, garlic. Even when cold, semolina zrazy is very tasty and can be taken to work as a full meal. We will prepare the necessary products according to the recipe.
- Semolina – 100 g.
- Water – 300 g.
- Chicken eggs CO – 1 pc.
- Chicken breast (or boneless fillet) – 300 g.
- Carrot (medium) – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Dill greens, parsley – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l.
- Butter – 20 g (optional).
- Salt, ground pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes. Servings Per Container: 3.
How to cook:
1. In a saucepan, prepare thick semolina porridge with a pinch of salt. Pour semolina in a thin stream into boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes with constant stirring until tender. We turn off the stove.
2. Drive a chicken egg into a slightly cooled porridge and mix everything well until smooth. Let the semolina “dough” cool in a saucepan under the lid.
3. Before forming the zraz, slightly knead the semolina dough with a spatula.
4. Grate the carrots, cut the onion into cubes. In a frying pan with vegetable oil, lightly simmer the vegetable slices for 2-3 minutes.
For flavor, it is good to add a piece of butter to the vegetables, but this is not necessary.
5. Boil the chicken breast in advance in a small amount of water, cool in the broth and twist the flesh through a meat grinder.
6. Pour the twisted minced chicken to the stewed vegetables and heat over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Constantly stir the filling so that nothing burns.
7. Put the minced chicken with vegetables in a bowl and let cool. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste, add chopped greens.
If the filling seems dry to you, then you can add a few tablespoons of chicken broth or cream to it.
Mix all filling ingredients until smooth.
8. With hands dipped in cold water, we form cakes about 0.5 cm thick from semolina dough and put a spoonful of filling in the middle.
9. We connect the edges of the cake over the filling, give the zrazy an oval shape and bread them in ground crackers.
10. Fry semolina with chicken and vegetables in hot vegetable oil on both sides until golden brown.
11. Transfer the prepared semolina to a plate and serve hot with any favorite sauce or just sour cream. As a side dish, a salad of fresh vegetables or vegetable slices is perfect.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.