Belarusian shortcakes are always soft, appetizing in appearance and tasty. Available products are used for their preparation. That is why we can safely attribute this yummy to economical dishes. To prepare the dough, you should buy sour cream with any percentage of fat content. The fastest way to knead the dough is with your hands, but you can use a bread machine if it has such a function.
Ready-made shortcakes should not be baked in the oven for a long time, otherwise they will be hard. Therefore, it is worth periodically looking at them in the oven. This is especially important if your oven is not electric, but gas and you cannot set the temperature in it. Although now even in gas ovens this function is provided. It is best to serve ready-made shortbreads to the table with some hot drinks. So, for example, they will be best combined with black or green tea. If you prefer dairy products, then you can safely serve shortcakes with milk, yogurt or something else.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Salt – a pinch.
- Sugar – 2 tbsp. l.
- Sour cream – 100 g.
- Baking powder – 0.5 tsp.
- Flour – 250 g.
How to cook:
1. Pour a pinch of salt, sugar into a bowl and beat in an egg.
2. Mix with a whisk.
3. Put out the sour cream. By the way, you can use it with any percentage of fat content. If suddenly this ingredient is not in the store for some reason, then you can safely replace it with butter. It is only desirable that it be of high quality.
4. Now add flour. It is worth taking the highest grade.
5. Add baking powder there. You can use soda instead.
If you kneaded the dough with sour cream, then you will not need to extinguish the soda. If instead of it you took butter, then it will have to be extinguished with vinegar. But the baking powder does not need to be extinguished at all.
6. Knead the dough.
7. On a silicone mat, roll it out with a rolling pin.
8. Squeeze out the form of shortbread.
9. Transfer them to a baking sheet.
10. Send it to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
These are the Belarusian shortcakes! Serve them at the table with your favorite drinks.