Plum shortbread pie can be made effortlessly with tea or just as a quick snack. Making it is very easy and fast. The dough for its preparation is kneaded shortbread, plums can be purchased absolutely any variety. It is best to bake a cake on a baking sheet or in a special round shape. The second option is more acceptable, since in this case the edges will hold on to it.
Serve a shortcake with plums to the table only after it has cooled at least a little. Therefore, after removing it from the oven, it is worth leaving it for at least 20 minutes. Plums can be laid out in halves or cut into cubes and boiled a little in a bowl along with sugar. If you like the second option more, then you should definitely add starch to the plum mass, so the filling will become thicker. The amount of sugar sprinkled on plums can be large.
- Butter – 120 g.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Sugar – 3-5 tbsp. l.
- Soda – 1 pinch.
- Plums – to taste.
- Premium flour – 300-350 g.
How to cook:
1. Beat a chicken egg into a bowl, immediately add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and salt to it.
2. Stir the egg mass with a whisk or beat it at high speed of the mixer. Pour in soft butter.
3. Now add premium flour. You can pre-sift it through a sieve.
4. Pour in soda. It can be replaced with baking powder, only it should be added twice as much.
5. Knead the dough with your hands. The consistency should be smooth and not sticky to your hands.
6. Transfer the finished dough to a baking sheet, form a pie with sides from it.
7. Place plum halves inside the pie. Be sure to wash them first and remove the bones.
8. Now sprinkle them generously with sugar.
You can also add more cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger for a more subtle and unique taste.
9. Send the cake to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 30 minutes.
When the shortbread with plums has cooled a little, cut it into portions and serve.
Enjoy your meal!