Braised cabbage is a dish that many people love. But, most often, some difficulties arise, and not because of the cooking process itself, but in the fact that the cabbage tastes somehow not the same as we would like. That is why, in this recipe, I want to tell you how to make it correctly and which products to choose. To taste, the cabbage will come out the same as it was previously cooked in canteens. Hence the dish is called similarly, namely, stewed cabbage “Like in the dining room.” And let nothing scare you at all, it’s not difficult to cook it, the products are simple.
You can serve ready-made stewed cabbage to the table either immediately after cooking, or cold. Here it is worth relying on your taste preferences. What to submit it with? Yes, with anything! You can safely cook absolutely any side dish or some simple meat dish, for example, cutlets or chops.
- Cabbage – 0.5 heads
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Carrots – 0.5 pcs.
- Bay leaf – 1-2 pcs.
- Tomato juice or paste of any manufacturer – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 2-3 pinches.
- Black pepper – 1 pinch.
How to cook:
1. Using a special knife, chop the cabbage. Just remember to remove the top leaves from it.
2. Now immediately chop the onion and chop the carrots, the easiest way to do this is with the most ordinary kitchen grater, but a food processor or a special chopper will do.
3. Put the chopped cabbage into the pan.
4. Pour in vegetable oil.
5. Throw in carrots and onions.
6. Add salt and pepper.
7. Simmer all vegetables over low heat for at least 15 minutes. You can pour some filtered clean water into the pan. Add tomato paste
8. Lay out the bay leaf. Mix everything well and send the pan with vegetables to the fire for literally another 3 minutes.
Here is such an appetizing, and most importantly, delicious cabbage “Like in the dining room” came out! As you can see, the recipe turned out to be easy to prepare. Therefore, be sure to use it, the result will definitely please everyone and the recipe will become one of the most beloved in your culinary piggy bank!