Pittipannu (pyttipanne, pyttipannu) is a famous dish of Swedish cuisine, literally means “little pieces in a pan”, “all sorts of things”. Homemade family dish.
As a meat product, trimmings of sausage, meat, bacon, ham and so on are used. The vegetable part of the pittipanna is potatoes, onions, and asparagus beans. For each serving of pittipanna, one serving of fried eggs is placed. Served with fresh or pickled vegetables.
For the pitty panna:
- Large potatoes – 3 pcs.
- Large onion – 1 pc.
- Bacon or ham – 100 g.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Worcestershire sauce – 0.5 tsp
- Green beans – 1 handful.
- Chicken eggs – 2 pcs.
- Butter – 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
How to cook:
1. Peel potatoes, cut into cubes about 1×1 cm. Rinse with cold water to wash off excess starch. And then dry on a towel – so we get rid of excess moisture, which will prevent the appearance of a crust during frying.
2. Peel the onion, also chop into cubes, but smaller in size – about 0.5×0.5 cm.
3. Heat up a frying pan with vegetable oil. Fry potatoes over high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes.
4. Then add the onion. Continue sautéing, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden and the potatoes are cooked through, about 7 more minutes.
5. Move the vegetables to the edges of the pan. Put diced ham or bacon (preferably smoked) in the center. Fry for a couple more minutes. Then mix everything, salt, pepper, drizzle with Worcestershire sauce, put on plates for serving.
6. While the pan is still hot, toss the green beans into it. Salt, pepper. Fry for approximately 20 seconds. Then pour 0.5 tbsp. l. vegetable oil, fry for another 20-30 seconds. Transfer to serving bowls.
7. Fry the green beans for just a minute, adding salt and pepper to taste.
8. In the freed pan, cook the fried eggs: melt a piece of butter and add a little vegetable oil, break the eggs, salt, fry so that the yolk remains liquid and the protein cooks. Divide among plates.
Exit – 2 servings. Serve with pickled cucumbers.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.