Transparent or glass dumplings were invented in China. They are made from a special dough mixed with starch. In order for the shell of the products to be invisible, it is important to knead the dough correctly and roll it thinly. The filling can be anything. Most often, these are various vegetables, mushrooms, cheese, minced meat or shrimp in different versions and combinations. For the filling, it is best to choose bright ingredients, use greens and vegetables.
We offer you a recipe for transparent dumplings with minced chicken. For the test, you can use two types of starch, corn or potato. You can also use a mix of starches. Multi-colored tomatoes, green onions and bell peppers are added to the minced meat for taste and color. Dumplings are cooked in a double boiler.
- Potato starch – 80 g.
- Boiling water – 100 ml.
- Minced meat – 80 g.
- Tomatoes – 15 g.
- Bulgarian pepper – 5 g.
- Green onions, dill, parsley – 5 g.
- Soy sauce – 10 ml.
- Turmeric – 2 g.
- Paprika – 2 g.
- Vegetable oil – for lubrication.
How to cook:
1. Add soy sauce and spices to minced meat.
2. Rinse tomatoes, wipe. Remove sepals and seed pods. Cut the tomato pulp into small pieces. Grind bell pepper in the same way. Add prepared vegetables along with chopped herbs to minced meat.
3. Mix the mass, the filling is ready.
4. Put starch into a mixing bowl. Pour boiling water, knead the dough with chopsticks or a silicone spatula.
5. Transfer to a hard surface and knead until soft. The dough should be slightly sticky. Cover the dough with a bowl or put it in a food bag. Leave for 10 minutes.
6. Grease your hands with vegetable oil, roll up the sausage. Cut off small pieces from the sausage.
7. Roll each piece into a cake 1.5 mm thick. Make circles with a notch.
8. Place the filling in the center of the circle.
9. Connect the edges.
10. Lay two folds on each side, form the product.
11. Grease the double boiler and dumplings with vegetable oil, put the products in a double boiler. Boil for 5 minutes from the moment the water boils.
Ready-made dumplings have a transparent shell resembling glass. Transfer the products to a serving board and garnish with fresh vegetables and green onions. Serve with soy sauce.