Ukrainian okroshka is a summer and refreshing dish. Thanks to vegetables, okroshka can qualify for a diet recipe, the calorie content is low.
We suggest you cook delicious Ukrainian okroshka on kefir. For the recipe, use low-fat kefir – it is not very thick and has a pleasant sourness. From vegetables you will need radishes, fresh cucumbers, as well as boiled chicken eggs and some potatoes. To make the dish more satisfying and fragrant, use ham.
Okroshka is best served cold, so let it brew in the refrigerator and in the heat of summer it will be the best dish at lunchtime.
- Kefir (low-fat) – 500 g.
- Ham – 100-120 g.
- Potato – 80 g.
- Cucumbers – 60 g.
- Radish – 60 g.
- Chicken eggs – 1 pc.
- Green onions – 5 g.
- Dill – 3 g.
- Salt – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Boil the potatoes in advance until cooked, cool them completely, peel them if they were boiled in their skins. Cut potatoes into cubes for Ukrainian okroshka.
2. Also boil the eggs – fill with cold water and after boiling water, cook for 7-8 minutes. Cool hard-boiled eggs completely and remove shells. Cut the eggs into cubes.
3. Cut off the tails from fresh cucumbers, chop the vegetables into cubes. Also chop the ham.
4. Rinse the radishes, cut off the tails and chop – cut in the same way as the rest of the products. Spicy, slightly spicy radish is perfect for okroshka.
5. Put all the prepared ingredients in a container, lightly salt.
6. Finely chop all the greens (dill and green onions), pour into a container and pour okroshka with cold kefir, stir. If the okroshka came out very thick, pour in a little cold water, taste for salt and stir again.
7. Put the finished okroshka in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, let it brew, then serve.