Cook a fragrant and tasty uzvar for Christmas, the drink turns out to be rich and suitable for a lenten menu. Uzvar is often boiled from dried fruits – pears, apples, apricots and prunes are suitable for this.
Today we offer to prepare such a drink from dried apples – you can buy them or dry them yourself during the season. Preparing a fruit bowl is not difficult at all, the main thing is to let the drink brew so that both the taste and color become saturated. Adjust the sweetness as desired – you can add less or more honey.
- Dried apples – 150 g.
- Water – 1.5 liters.
- Honey – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Pour dried apples with cold water to make dried fruits softer. Leave in water for 40-45 minutes. Do not pour hot water, otherwise the apples will lose their color and taste.
2. Then drain the cold water and rinse the apple slices several times.
3. Transfer the dried apples to a deep saucepan. Use an enamel pot.
4. Pour the soaked apples with clean water and set to boil on the fire. Bring the pot to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Then remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid and let the pot brew for 35-40 minutes. It will acquire a beautiful amber hue, the aroma will be magical.
6. Add honey to a cooled, slightly warm bowl, mix until completely dissolved.
7. Then pour the drink through a sieve into a jug or other container convenient for you, it is better that it be glass. Cool the bowl a little and serve.
Delicious and fragrant uzvar will complement your festive table and diversify the menu. Such a drink quenches thirst well, it turns out vitamin and gives strength. Have a good mood on holidays!