Vegetable salad with chicken “Traffic Light” is a great option if you want something bright, appetizing, easy to prepare and healthy. By the way, for dressing, you can use both mayonnaise and low-fat sour cream, as well as Greek yogurt.
In principle, the composition of the salad can change from case to case, the main thing is to use bright ingredients such as corn, carrots, green peas, tomatoes and cucumbers, colorful sweet peppers.
- Chicken fillet – 150 g.
- Korean carrots – 70 g.
- Fresh cucumber – 1 pc.
- Hard cheese – 70 g.
- Sweet pepper – ½ pc.
- Fresh herbs – 5-6 branches.
- Mayonnaise – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 3 pinches.
- Spices – 3 pinches.
How to cook:
1. Chicken fillet can be cooked in advance by adding bay leaf, spices and spices, as well as salt to the water. Cool the meat and cut into strips.
2. Mentally divide the dish into 6 sectors – according to the number of components for the salad, there may be more. Put the chopped chicken fillet on one sector. Put Korean carrots next to it.
3. Wash a fresh cucumber, cut off both sides and cut into small cubes.
4. Lay the sliced cucumbers next to the chicken.
5. Next is the turn of hard cheese – grate it on a coarse grater and place it near the cucumbers.
6. Sweet pepper is desirable to take red. If such pepper is not available, it can be replaced with a red tomato. Cut the vegetable into thin strips, put near the grated cheese.
7. Rinse fresh herbs (parsley or dill) and remove excess water with a napkin. Finely chop the leaves and put in the remaining sector. Place mayonnaise in the center of the dish. Lightly salt and add spices for piquancy.
You need to serve the salad right away – you can not mix for a greater effect, but mix later, transferring it to a salad bowl for convenience.
Enjoy your meal!