Vinaigrette is a traditional Russian dish. What only a Russian person does not put in this salad besides the main ingredients – potatoes, carrots, pickles and beets. These are salted milk mushrooms, and squids, and fish … Well, we suggest you cook a vinaigrette with pickled plums. Plums give the salad a peculiar slightly sweet taste, harmoniously fitting into the overall composition.
- Beets – 400 g.
- Potatoes – 400 g.
- Carrots – 300 g.
- Onion – 150 g.
- Soaked plums – 7 pcs.
- Pickled or pickled cucumbers – 200 g.
- Sauerkraut – 200 g.
- Parsley greens – a few branches.
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Wash beets, potatoes and carrots thoroughly with a vegetable brush. Place the beets in a saucepan, cover with cold water and put on fire. After boiling water, reduce the fire and cook the root crops for about 40-60 minutes.
Cooking time depends on the variety and size of vegetables.
Be sure to check the readiness of the beets: pierce it with a fork – it should easily enter the root crop. Pour the finished beets with cold water and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, season with salt and simmer for about 20 minutes. Then drain the water and let the potatoes cool.
3. Place the carrots in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes. Then remove from the water and let the root vegetables cool.
4. Clean the beets. Cut the root vegetables into small cubes.
5. Peel carrots and potatoes. Cut into small cubes. Peel the onion and chop finely.
6. Remove the pits from the soaked plums. Cut plums into small cubes.
7. Cut pickled cucumbers into cubes too.
8. Next, start assembling the salad. Put the beets in a deep bowl. Pour in some sunflower oil. Mix thoroughly. After this manipulation, the beetroot juice will not strongly color the rest of the ingredients.
9. Add carrots, onions and potatoes to beets.
If desired, canned green peas or boiled beans can be added to the salad.
10. Put in a bowl soaked plums and pickles – sauerkraut and cucumbers.
11. Mix everything thoroughly.
Vinaigrette should be mixed in enameled, ceramic, porcelain or glassware. Metal utensils are not suitable for this purpose.
Season with the remaining oil, salt and mix again.
Serve vinaigrette with pickled plums, garnished with parsley leaves, immediately.
Keeping this salad after cooking, even in the refrigerator, is undesirable, as it will quickly lose its taste. If, nevertheless, you did not use the vinaigrette right away, put it in the refrigerator, be sure to cover the bowl with a lid or tighten it with cling film.
Enjoy your meal!