Vinaigrette is a delicious hearty salad made from boiled or baked vegetables. The dish is popular, because all its components are available, cooking does not cause any difficulties, and the result will always satisfy even the most capricious gourmet. In addition to vegetables, fish, meat, eggs, sour fruits, boiled or salted mushrooms can be added to the salad. We suggest you cook a vinaigrette with sprats. The dish turns out with an unusual taste, it can be served at the festive table or just for dinner.
For the recipe, choose small beets and starchy potatoes. Salted sprat can be replaced with any small fish of spicy salting – herring or capelin. For the recipe, lettuce, not spicy onions, is required. Lemon juice can be replaced with diluted 1: 1 vinegar 9%.
- Lemon – 100 g.
- Beets – 210 g.
- Carrots – 170 g.
- Bow “Mars” – 70 g.
- Spicy salted sprat – 140 g.
- Vegetable oil – 40 ml.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Greens – for serving.
How to cook:
1. Clean the sprat. Separate the head and entrails, tear off the tail. Turn the carcass along the ridge on a hard surface. Pry the spinal bone with your finger in the center and remove it. The fish is ready.
2. Cut the sprat into small pieces, lay out a bowl for making vinaigrette.
3. Peel the onion from the husk, cut into thin rings or half rings. Add one tablespoon of lemon juice, lightly mash the onion with your hands.
4. Boil potatoes in their skins, cool and peel. Chop with a vegetable cutting net. Put potatoes in a bowl.
5. Cut boiled carrots in the same way. Salt and pepper the contents of the bowl. Pour in half the vegetable oil, mix.
6. Boil beets separately from other vegetables, cool and peel. Chop into cubes and season with vegetable oil. This must be done so that the beetroot juice does not stain the rest of the salad components.
7. Mix the beets with the rest of the ingredients, leave for a few minutes at room temperature.
8. Cut greens, put in salad and mix.
Transfer the finished vinaigrette to a serving plate and garnish with parsley. The dishes look appetizing, the taste of the salad reminds everyone of the well-known herring under a fur coat.