Vlazhsky salad is an ideal dish for those who like simple and uncomplicated recipes. Sometimes you don’t know what to cook for a festive dinner, you don’t always want to experiment with new recipes, but you don’t like it. Here the situation is different. The taste of Vlazhsky salad resembles the classic Olivier, which means it will definitely be delicious.
For the recipe, you will need smoked carbonade or boiled pork – they are fragrant and make the salad original. In addition, fresh cucumbers are used in the salad, instead of salted ones – something new. Your guests and loved ones will remember this salad and everyone will want to ask for an addition.
- Carbonade – 200 g.
- Potato – 200 g.
- Fresh cucumbers – 150 g.
- Canned peas – 150 g.
- Mayonnaise – 100 g.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. First of all, boil the potatoes in their skins until tender – cook for about 20 minutes, the potatoes will be soft. Then cool the vegetables and peel.
2. Cut the cooled potatoes into small squares.
3. Rinse the cucumbers, cut off the tails with a knife, then cut the vegetables in the same way as potatoes – squares.
4. Pour the chopped ingredients into the bowl – potatoes and cucumbers.
5. Cut the smoked carbonade into medium-sized cubes.
Salad with carbonade will be spicy and fragrant, tastier than with ordinary sausage.
6. Add carbonade to salad.
7. Drain the marinade from the canned peas, and send the beans to a bowl.
Peas should be soft, try before cooking.
8. Salt, pepper a little and add the sauce – in this case it is mayonnaise. Mayonnaise can be mixed with sour cream in equal proportions, this dressing also harmonizes well with the salad.
9. Mix the salad with mayonnaise and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes before guests arrive.
Serve the finished dish to the table in portioned dishes. Decorate the finished “Vlazhsky” salad with a sprig of any fresh herbs.
Enjoy your meal!