Yeast pies with cottage cheese can be safely prepared for tea or made as a treat for unexpected guests. Perfectly they are combined with all hot drinks, for example with tea or with a glass of milk. They can also be served simply with sour cream.
When choosing cottage cheese at the grocery store, it is better to purchase one that is more fatty. Ideally, take a homemade one, if possible. It is best to fry pies in a frying pan in a large amount of vegetable oil and preheat it well. In order for the pies to come out with less calories, then they need to be baked in the oven. When kneading the dough, milk and the most common dry yeast are suitable. If you want it to be more rich, then it is advisable to add melted butter of excellent quality.
- Milk – 0.5 tbsp.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Cottage cheese – 150-200 g.
- Fast-acting dry yeast – 0.5 tsp.
- Sugar – 4 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 300 ml.
- Flour – 2 tbsp.
How to cook:
1. Pour yeast and sugar into a bowl (1-1.5 tablespoons).
2. Pour in warm milk.
3. Stir and add flour in parts.
You may need a little more flour, it all depends on the manufacturer and its variety.
4. Knead the dough.
5. Now be sure to cover the top of the bowl with a clean waffle towel. You can use cling film instead. Leave the dough for an hour.
You can put the bowl in a warm oven, or, to be more precise, preheat it, and then turn it off. So the dough will “fit” faster.
6. Now put the dough on a silicone mat. Roll it with your hands into a sausage. Cut into pieces with a special plastic tool.
7. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg and the remaining amount of sugar. Stir.
8. Press each piece well with your hand. Lay out the curd filling.
9. Make a pie. Thus form everything. Heat the specified amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Lay out the prepared pies, only preferably “seam down”.
10. Fry them over moderate heat until golden brown on both sides.
Here are the pies!
Enjoy your meal!