Zucchini in Chili ketchup for the winter is an excellent vegetable preservation that can be prepared quite simply. Such zucchini “stand” well all winter, they can be served at the table without anything. They can also be used to make salads.
To prepare this kind of preservation for the winter, it is worth using vegetables that are not large in size, not overripe. It is better to cut zucchini into circles, semicircles or cubes.
Banks will fit both 0.5 liter and 1 liter. They must be stored in a pantry or cellar, where sunlight and cool temperatures do not fall.
- Zucchini – 3 pcs.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Ketchup “Chili” – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc. for each bank.
- Peppercorns – 3 pcs. for each bank.
- Allspice – 2 pcs. for each bank.
- Dill – 1-2 sprigs in each jar.
- Parsley – 1-2 sprigs in each jar.
- Vinegar 9% – 1 tbsp. spoon in each jar (volume 0.5 l).
- Water – 1 l.
Yield: 2-3 cans of 0.5 liters.
How to cook:
1. Wash the zucchini and prepare glass jars. Be sure to sterilize them in the oven or the old way. Put dill, parsley, bell pepper and allspice in each jar, in the amount indicated in the list of ingredients.
2. Cut the zucchini.
If the peel of the zucchini is dense, then be sure to cut it off with a sharp knife.
Place chopped zucchini in prepared jars.
3. Pour water into a bowl or ladle, add salt and sugar.
4. Add Chili ketchup there.
5. Bring the marinade to a boil. Pour it into jars with zucchini. Just do this procedure very carefully. To each add 1 tbsp. l. vinegar.
6. Roll up the jars tightly with metal lids. Cover them with a warm blanket and leave to cool completely.
If you store the preservation in the pantry in the apartment, then you can safely sterilize each jar for 5-7 minutes, just remember to put a rag on the bottom of the pan so that the glass jars do not burst.
Enjoy your meal!