Zucchini “Spark” are prepared quite simply. If you put them in sterile jars and roll them up, they will please you in the winter, and in the summer you can cook a small amount for lunch or dinner, as an addition to meat, fish, side dishes.
Suitable for snacks are both younger vegetables with a thin delicate skin, and zucchini of a later harvest. Armed with a vegetable peeler, you can easily remove such a disadvantage as a dense peel. And with a knife, you can remove hard seeds from the inside.
- Zucchini – 1 pc.
- Tomatoes – 2 pcs.
- Sweet pepper – 1 pc.
- Hot pepper “Spark” – ½ pc.
- Salt – 4 pinches.
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves.
- Black ground pepper – 3 pinches.
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the vegetable thoroughly with running water, inspect it – any damage to the peel must be cut off. Slice the zucchini into thin slices with a sharp knife. And if its diameter is large, then the circles can be cut into halves.
2. Now you need to make a dressing of tomato, garlic, sweet and hot peppers. Tomatoes for dressing are suitable ripe or slightly overripe. The peel can be removed by scalding the vegetable with boiling water. Send the tomato cut into small pieces into a blender bowl or pass through a meat grinder.
3. Wash sweet and hot peppers, cut the stalks and remove the seeds. Send the vegetables cut into small pieces to the tomato. Throw in the peeled garlic. Close the bowl with a lid. Grind on high speed for a couple of minutes.
4. Place the zucchini pieces in a saucepan.
5. Pour zucchini with tomato dressing.
6. Pour salt, ground black pepper and vegetable oil with a neutral taste and smell into a saucepan.
7. Mix everything and boil over low heat for 15 minutes. The zucchini should retain its shape and not become too soft. Serve the appetizer warm or cold.
Enjoy your meal!